All the crèches supported by HKI are now in appropriate, sound, safe buildings owned by Betsy Elizabeth Trust. This is a milestone for BET and ends the uncertainty around renting. It also allows more funds to go directly into regular operating expenses.
HKI’s annual budget is $56,000.
96.5% of HKI funds go directly to the Betsey Elizabeth Trust. What does BET do with it?
- The operating expenses of one crèche for a year are $16,000. HKI funds three crèches.
- A contingency fund for emergencies, such as the flooding last December in Porayar where many crèche families lost homes, family members and land: $4,000
- As assistant for Mrs. Hilda, the managing director of the Betsey Elizabeth Trust: $2,000
3.5% of HKI funds cover our mailings, brochures and publicity.
Donations of all sizes are most welcome. Gifts go a long way in India.
Here’s what yours could do for one month at the crèches :
- $17 – a daily cup of milk for 50 children
- $52 – all the crèche’s food
- $130 – a teacher’s salary
- $1,333 – cost to run an entire crèche
HKI is a non-profit organization and contributions are tax deductible.
We can’t say it enough:
To contribute by check: make payable to Help Kids India and mail to:
Help Kids India
PO Box 1022
East Corinth, VT 05040
Use PayPal online by clicking DONATE below
Donations made by check will receive a tax deductible letter. Be sure to include your return address.
Donations made online will receive an email confirmation.