Help Kids India, Inc. (HKI) provides support to our partner in India, the Betsy Elizabeth Trust (BET), in its efforts to alleviate the suffering of underprivileged children, their families and their communities in rural villages in Tamil Nadu, south India.
In order to fulfill its mission, Help Kids India…
- Maintains its status as a registered non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.
- Solicits funds on behalf of BET and ensures their safe transfer to BET in India.
- Receives regular reports from India, the BET Director, and Board: reports on educational, nutrition and health programs; audited financial statements; and certification of BET’s good standing with the Government of India.
- Board members are all volunteers and, with HKI volunteers, do the work of HKI: we have no paid staff. 3.5% of the funds raised cover our operating expenses. 96.5% of fund raised go directly to fund three of BET’s crèches.
- Works with churches, schools and individuals to facilitate service trips to BET’s crèche projects. Getting to know the children, seeing the challenges they face, and experiencing the power of the crèches to change lives — this is the best way to build bridges between those in need and those with help to offer.
Read more on Our Story