~ CORONAVIRUS UPDATE ~
On March 25, 2020, India imposed a national lockdown that lasted five weeks. Restrictions continue. The hardship is unprecedented for our preschool families who were already living on the edge. India’s Covid-19 rates are still rising. Cases of the virus are in both preschool areas. Schools remain closed but staff is working tirelessly to help their communities.
Schools are closed but HKI donors are making an immediate and direct impact.
Rising to pandemic challenges: The preschools are a lifeline for their communities.
With the help of HKI donors the crèches are…
- Buying land and establishing a community garden for food and income
- Distributing free food biweekly to 150 preschool families
- Stitching free masks for the preschool communities
- Advising on Covid-19 and connecting with families through home visits
- Keeping the Health Center open for community use
- Providing urgent medical care for preschool children
- Employing 25 people for a building project
- Maintaining full salary for all staff during the pandemic