Thank you for what you do!
Please contact Help Kids India for more information: email@example.com
Help Kids India is an IRS registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Questions and Answers for Sponsors:
How will my monthly contribution be used?
100% of your monthly donation will go to the Betsy Elizabeth Trust and is enough to cover all of the expenses for one child for one month for school, teachers, full nutrition, health care, uniforms and shoes, and transportation. Teachers make home visits to all children on the wait list and enroll children from the poorest families to attend the creche. There is no charge for anything.
Will I be matched with a specific child?
Usually no, and the reasons are these:
- Resources: Two of HKI’s crèches have 50 children, each with six staff, and our third crèche has 70, with seven staff. 1:1 matches would eat up time that staff doesn’t have. Supplies for correspondence, photos, and postage would take from other needs.
- Singling out students: It’s the ethos of the crèches that all children are treated equally. Letters and little gifts for specific children run contrary to this. The crèches give all the children small presents for special occasions. When sweaters are distributed though the HKI Sweater Project it’s done only when enough are available for all a crèche’s children.
- Expectations: the encouragement given by donors can be wonderful but rest assured that the expectations teachers and parents have for these children are very high. With nearly three decades of crèche history, the entire creche community sees the successes crèche children have in elementary and high school. They are completing higher grades and going on to trade schools and college at a rate far exceeding their peers. Expectations are high and the kids deliver.
- Community: We hope that your relationship will be to the crèches as a whole, to all the children, and to the work of the crèches.
In special instances, yes.
- An elementary school class, a youth service club, a group of cousins or siblings—children may jointly sponsor a child. In these and similar situations please contact HKI and we will gladly write a letter to the group with a photo of a crèche child and his or her story.
Can I visit the creches?
Yes! Donors are warmly welcomed. If you are considering a trip to South India we can help you make the connection. Contact HKI at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a sponsor, what is my commitment?
You may choose one year, several years, or many. It’s up to you when to withdraw. Children enter the creches at age two and start first grade the June after their fifth birthday so most are in the creches three years. It’s a good amount of time to give children the health and foundation for success.
Do I need to make a payment every month or can I do it once for the whole year?
You can set up payments whichever way best suits you. You will receive notification of your annual contribution for tax purposes in January.
Are all the children in the creches cute?
Yes. Every single one.